Thursday, February 24, 2005

fresh out of bootstraps

Well, I called that friend a few days ago - the one that gave me the advice to pull myself out of the blue funk I was in before Christmas ...

Of course my "mood" has passed - it always disappears by the 1st of January - but it seems my friend has been very sick over the past few weeks - having a hard time getting well - and getting more and more blue as the days pass. She started to cry and said she was just about ready to give up.

I patiently asked if she remembered giving me some advice just before Christmas - to just pull myself up by the bootstraps and get over it. She replied, "Yes, but I'm fresh out of bootstraps."

I know exactly how you feel. That is how I felt when the advice was given to me. A friend who understands is one of life's greatest gifts, don't you think?

No comments: