Monday, September 26, 2005

some things are so obvious they don't need comment ...

… and yet some people don’t get it.

I’m getting ready to go to a staff meeting at 2:00 p.m. and trying to tamp down my anger before I go. You would think a director would have some concept of what to do at a staff meeting – or else they would not call a meeting to waste everyone’s time.

Meanwhile - my anger continues to build. At staff meeting we go around the table and tell the status of projects we are working on. Like any of our jobs are connected. They aren’t. Twelve people work in a common office, but our work duties are fairly unrelated. By that, I mean they are not team projects. Reporting the status of my projects in a group meeting is a waste of time. Hearing about everyone else’s projects is a waste of time. This could be done in one-on-one sessions to provide information to the PERSON who is really interested.

Not to mention, we all prepare a summary of work (past and future) on Friday of each week.

Not a whole lot has happened since I prepared my report last Friday. [Pirate language], read the [pirate language] report!

Ok. The valve has been released. Maybe now I can sit thru this [pirate-language] meeting without having to excuse myself to find a handgun.

No comments: