Tuesday, October 19, 2004

marriage = a man and a woman (and nothing else)

I was discussing election issues with my husband - specifically the amendments and some of the confusing wording. He said, "amendment 3 clearly defines marriage as between a man and a woman, and nothing else."

I flippantly said, "you mean no animals?" hahahaha

Sheesh. What a scary, profound thought. Is that where we are headed? Don’t laugh. I used to have a co-worker who used sick time to take her dog to the vet! And our boss let her!!! Company policy specifically said sick time was to be used for personal illness or to attend to IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS.

I know it sounds absurd. Who would ever think that could happen? But who would have ever thought we would be voting on THIS? It sort of reminds me of the email in current circulation about the other humorous combinations...

No comments: